Welcome to housing and council tax benefits eclaims

You can only claim Housing Benefit if you meet one of the following conditions:

  • If you have reached State Pension Credit age.
  • You are part of a couple where one of you has reached State Pension Credit age.
  • You have three or more children and have been advised to claim Tax Credit after 5 September 2018. However, if you have been in receipt of Universal Credit within the last six months or are making a new claim as a lone parent within one month of being a partner on a joint Universal Credit claim you must reclaim Universal Credit and not Housing Benefit.
  • If you are a resident in certain types of supported accommodation.

If you do not meet any of the above conditions, you must claim Universal Credit

Before you start your claim

  • This claim form can be used to claim Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, or both. Remember, Universal Credit has replaced Housing Benefit for most people. You can only claim Housing Benefit if you meet one of the conditions listed above. If you apply and do not meet one of these conditions, your claim will be rejected.
  • Save your form regularly. Making sure you carefully record your Claim ID and Password. You will not be able to reload your claim without them and we will not be able to provide them to you as these are not recorded in our systems.
  • If this form is not working correctly please call 01443 864099. For all other enquiries please call 01443 866567. Office hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.